The Cyprus Bonsai Forum, 1 Year Anniversary

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Cyprus Bonsai Forum, 1 Year Anniversary

Post  Greg on Tue May 01, 2012 5:49 pm

The Cyprus Bonsai Forum, 1 Year Anniversary ! cheers cheers cheers cheers

Today we are celebrating our one year anniversary since this forum was started.

Over the past 12 months We have tried very hard to promote the art of Bonsai in the island of Cyprus. We have tried to make this forum the bonsai bridge between our small island and the rest of the world.

Many thanks to all of the members and supporters who help to make this forum the best it can be!

Its only the begining........

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Greg
Admin

Joined date : 2011-04-30

http://bonsaicyprus.forumotions.net

Back to top Go down

Re: The Cyprus Bonsai Forum, 1 Year Anniversary

Post  Savvas P. on Tue May 01, 2012 7:15 pm

Taking this occasion i feel the need to THANK Greg,for daring to open up this forum.It was a very nice suprise and even though the participation is not that great from the members,for us it played a major role,for showing outside our small boundaries what we have and most important what are our potentials..Thank everybody for being around,be free to express your opinion"we need them"and we are sure that next year same time we will show a major progress...A special thanks to Stavros as well for the time and knowledge he put in this forum....Good work boys,keep it up.... thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up cheers cheers cheers thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up GOD BLESS.

Savvas P.

Joined date : 2011-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post  stavros on Tue May 01, 2012 8:07 pm

Some 8-9 years ago, when i started my bonsai journey, i had no idea how to proceed as there is no nursery, no professionals, no clubs...nothing on the island. I was lucky to meet Mr Peter Chan who showed me some basics and he was kind enough to come to Cyprus twice in 2004 and in 2005 with Mr Dan Barton. It took a few more years until i met with Savas & Greg (2010). SInce then, instead of taking small steps, i feel that i am making leaps. Bonsai is kinda lonely, but it is very important to have bonsai buddies, and meet, talk, share experiences, go out for yamadori. Between the 3 of us it is more than that; we share tools, pots, trees, just about anything, and most importantly, our love and passion for bonsai.

A couple of months ago we had our first "hardcore" workshop with Graham Potter!!! It was a huge step forwards and i hope for many others to come.
I am sure that next year, things will be even better.
And lets not forget all the people who have been helping us with their presence on this forum, their participation and advice/ideas.

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!
cheers cheers cheers cheers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
"Knowledge is power" Sir Francis Bacon 1561-1626

stavros

Joined date : 2011-05-02

http://www.bonsaicyprus.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down