Mount Olympus

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mount Olympus

Post  Greg on Sun May 08, 2011 8:22 pm

The Mount Olympus is the highest of the the Troodos Mountain range. At Chionistra, the highest point of Mount Olympus you can find spectacular views and an endeless source of inspiration.

No words can describe the real beauty, see the attached photos.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Greg
Admin

Joined date : 2011-04-30

http://bonsaicyprus.forumotions.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Mount Olympus

Post  Greg on Sun May 08, 2011 8:31 pm

Greg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Mount Olympus

Post  will baddeley on Tue May 10, 2011 2:31 pm

Wow. What a mystical place. Bet you don't see the funny white stuff very often. For your information it's called snow.

will baddeley

Joined date : 2011-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post  stavros on Tue May 10, 2011 3:54 pm

will baddeley wrote:Wow. What a mystical place. Bet you don't see the funny white stuff very often. For your information it's called snow.

we don't get to see it because we are too f.....k lazy to drive 2 hours to go to the Troodos mountain...
it actually snows every year, (nothing compared to the alps of course) and people actually ski (!!!) from December-January until March.

If you ever decide to come to Cyprus we can drive up the troodos mountain and enjoy the views, but also visit the cedar valley, the home of Cedrus brevifolia.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
"Knowledge is power" Sir Francis Bacon 1561-1626

stavros

Joined date : 2011-05-02

http://www.bonsaicyprus.com

Back to top Go down

Post  will baddeley on Tue May 10, 2011 11:00 pm

If I do ever get to Cyprus, I'll be sure to knock on your door and drag you out for a look at these wonderful places Very Happy

will baddeley

Joined date : 2011-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post  stavros on Wed May 11, 2011 3:47 pm

will baddeley wrote:If I do ever get to Cyprus, I'll be sure to knock on your door and drag you out for a look at these wonderful places Very Happy

Well, if you do not come for holidays, we may organize a workshop in the future....
ANyway, whatever the case, when you come, we'll take you up there Very Happy

stavros

Back to top Go down

Mount Olympus

Post  thelad on Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:42 pm

Thanks for showing the Tree and Snow from the Big Hill
Brings back memories of my time there
take care
Jimthelad
thelad

Joined date : 2013-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Savvas P. on Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:07 pm

Very glad you join our forum Jim...we hope to have you around...and thanks for a lovely day at Daves place:thu: thumbs up 

Savvas P.

Back to top Go down

Mount Olympus

Post  thelad on Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:54 pm

Hi Savvas

It was really great to meet you both and I agree it was a good day at Dave's

hope the weather was not to cold for you and if all goes well some day I hope I will be returning to Cyprus

Keep up your GREAT WORK as I am sure there many more people in your Beautiful island really interested in Bonsai but don't know how to go about or who to Contact

Its up to YOU ALL to make it knowing that your are there and will help Anyone who wants to get involved in Bonsai

Take care and happy bonsai to you ALL

Jim
thelad

Back to top Go down

Post  Savvas P. on Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:37 pm

The weather was just fine as long as it wasnt raining....we enjoy ourselves even if we are only two but as you said its a matter of time to get more people involved,since its such a wonderful hobby...
It will be our pleasure to see you in Cyprus some time...whenever you decide to come we are here to take you around to some old familiar places,greetings to the rest of the guys....thumbs up thumbs up 

Savvas P.

Back to top Go down

Mount Olympus

Post  thelad on Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:18 pm

I will do my utmost to get out again to Cyprus one day and certainly pass on your best wishes to the rest of the guys

Hope all is well with your son in Manchester

Still trying to figure out a way to post some images Looks like it could be on Youtube if that OK with yo!!!

Take care

Jim
thelad

Back to top Go down

Post  Savvas P. on Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:02 pm

thelad wrote:I will do my utmost to get out again to Cyprus one day and certainly pass on your best wishes to the rest of the guys

Hope all is well with your son in Manchester

Still trying to figure out a way to post some images Looks like it could be on Youtube if that OK with yo!!!

Take care

Jim
I hope you can make it...Dave is here every year why not plan it with him to come at the same time.....

Marios(my son)is doing fine he had a very good time and he wants to keep in touch with you guys....
You tube is fine....just let us know....
Regards
Savvas.

Savvas P.

Back to top Go down

Post  Greg on Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:20 pm

Dear Jim,

Its a great pleasure to see you here in our humble bonsai forum.
Your reputation in the bonsai world precedes you. Your valuable involment in the wirral bonsai society is well know to the bonsai world. I use to follow your society bonsai blog for a couple of years now, and I can say that you do an incredible job. I beleive, with out any doupt that wirral bonsai society is the most valuable bonsai society in the UK.
Iam very glad that had the honour to meet you even if is virtuallly and I hope that one day I will meet you in person

many thanks for your support

Greg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Mount Olympus

Post  thelad on Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:04 pm

I hope you can make it...Dave is here every year why not plan it with him to come at the same time.....

Marios(my son)is doing fine he had a very good time and he wants to keep in touch with you guys....
You tube is fine....just let us know....
Regards
Savvas.
[/quote]
That would be an ideal situation, sorry to say that it will nor be for a few years due to personal reasons but you never know what the future holds for us all

I have put a few video's and slideshows on to Youtube let me know how things go and you can find them ok

is there any other media site that you use !!!!! Such as Facebook,Twitter or Google+

Take care keep up your great enthusiasm for establishing Bonsai in Cyprus I am convinced you all will achieve your goal

Jim

Jim thelad
thelad

Back to top Go down

Mount Olympus

Post  thelad on Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:33 pm

Greg wrote:Dear Jim,

Its a great pleasure to see you here in our humble bonsai forum.

Your reputation in the Bonsai World Precedes you. Your valuable involvement in the Wirral Bonsai Society is well know to the bonsai world. I use to follow your society bonsai blog for a couple of years now, and I can say that you do an incredible job. I believe,with out any doubt that Wirral Bonsai Society is the most Valuable Bonsai Society in the UK
I am very glad that had the Honour to meet you even if is Virtually and I hope that one day I will meet you in person

many thanks for your support

Hi Greg

Great to meet you on here after Savvas had spoken highly of you,you Both have the makings of a great partnership to establish your Dreams and Hopes in making Bonsai in Cyprus a Hugh Success

Also thank-you for your kind words I am just a Small Cog in a large Wheel,but to me it is just Great to be part of the Whole Bonsai World and Atmosphere and the change to meet and greet many other Bonsai Enthusiast from all walks of life as we all know that without TREES we could find it difficult to live without oxygen !!! no matter how Large or Small the Trees are  in my opinion

That's it for now Greg a Thousand thanks for your Welcome to your Fantastic Forum

Look after each other

Take care  

Jim
thelad

Back to top Go down

Post  stavros on Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:30 pm

stavros

Back to top Go down

Mount Olympus

Post  thelad on Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:09 pm

Hi Stavros

Many thanks for posting the link of the Video's, so sorry that they are not Perfect, just hope it gives you an insight of what Wirral Bonsai Society member's get up at times when we get together during various events

A few members are camera shy but most secretly like to look at them and are fine with it.Rightly or Wrongly I feel,to me it all helps to Promote and Encourage others into having ago at our Great Hobby. 

Thanks again for posting the link

take care

Jim
thelad

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top