And the one becomes six!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

And the one becomes six!

Post  Greg on Thu May 19, 2011 4:59 pm

I couldn’t believe that from one tree you can get six potential pre-bonsai materials!

We start digging have in mind that it will be a nice huge tree. Then the one becomes two. At the end we left with 6 trees! It was too easy to separate it, fantastic material!

I got the one, the two taken by savvas and the other three by Stauros .
It was a fair deal to split the trees this way, don’t you think? Smile

I can only show you the 1/6 of the tree

Savva & Stauro can you please insert some fotos from the rest of the tree?



[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Greg
Admin

Posts : 926
Joined date : 2011-04-30

http://bonsaicyprus.forumotions.net

Back to top Go down

Re: And the one becomes six!

Post  stavros on Thu May 19, 2011 5:33 pm

i do not have any pictures of them....will do by the end of the week
i will only say this: 2 pieces of the trees were discarded by my 2 friends, so i had to do what every bonsai enthusiast would do.........put them in a pot and see what happens Smile Smile

Savvas was given a chance to choose the "parts" of the tree he wanted and after a few minutes he started moaning that we chose the best pieces ..............as usual.....

_________________
STAVROS

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
"Knowledge is power" Sir Francis Bacon 1561-1626

stavros

Posts : 634
Joined date : 2011-05-02
Age : 46

http://www.bonsaicyprus.com

Back to top Go down

Re: And the one becomes six!

Post  Savvas P. on Thu May 19, 2011 5:41 pm

stavros wrote:i do not have any pictures of them....will do by the end of the week
i will only say this: 2 pieces of the trees were discarded by my 2 friends, so i had to do what every bonsai enthusiast would do.........put them in a pot and see what happens Smile Smile

DISCARDED??????......i didnt even had a chance to look at what i had on my hands and you just grabed that small bit....but never mind you dont have enough trees anyway so its ok...but let us know when you reach the 20 pieces you decided that you should have..... affraid affraid

Savvas P.

Posts : 808
Joined date : 2011-05-02
Age : 54

Back to top Go down

Re: And the one becomes six!

Post  stavros on Thu May 19, 2011 6:49 pm

Savvas Papaloizou wrote:
stavros wrote:i do not have any pictures of them....will do by the end of the week
i will only say this: 2 pieces of the trees were discarded by my 2 friends, so i had to do what every bonsai enthusiast would do.........put them in a pot and see what happens Smile Smile

DISCARDED??????......i didnt even had a chance to look at what i had on my hands and you just grabed that small bit....but never mind you dont have enough trees anyway so its ok...but let us know when you reach the 20 pieces you decided that you should have..... affraid affraid


poor thing................you are getting slower and slower with age....
I've reached the 17 pieces lol! lol! lol! , so from now on i will only look for those 3 really impressive trees to complete the 20

_________________
STAVROS

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
"Knowledge is power" Sir Francis Bacon 1561-1626

stavros

Posts : 634
Joined date : 2011-05-02
Age : 46

http://www.bonsaicyprus.com

Back to top Go down

Re: And the one becomes six!

Post  Savvas P. on Thu May 19, 2011 7:04 pm

stavros wrote:
Savvas Papaloizou wrote:
stavros wrote:i do not have any pictures of them....will do by the end of the week
i will only say this: 2 pieces of the trees were discarded by my 2 friends, so i had to do what every bonsai enthusiast would do.........put them in a pot and see what happens Smile Smile

DISCARDED??????......i didnt even had a chance to look at what i had on my hands and you just grabed that small bit....but never mind you dont have enough trees anyway so its ok...but let us know when you reach the 20 pieces you decided that you should have..... affraid affraid


poor thing................you are getting slower and slower with age....
I've reached the 17 pieces lol! lol! lol! , so from now on i will only look for those 3 really impressive trees to complete the 20

THA WILL BE THE DAY......

Savvas P.

Posts : 808
Joined date : 2011-05-02
Age : 54

Back to top Go down

Re: And the one becomes six!

Post  will baddeley on Fri May 20, 2011 9:53 am

Bloody fighting again you two. Stop it Laughing
Another mind blowing piece of yamadori. With material like this, I can see you at major European shows in no time.

will baddeley

Posts : 52
Joined date : 2011-05-10

Back to top Go down

Re: And the one becomes six!

Post  stavros on Fri May 20, 2011 11:10 am

will baddeley wrote:Bloody fighting again you two. Stop it Laughing
Another mind blowing piece of yamadori. With material like this, I can see you at major European shows in no time.

i hope that some day we can do some work together (us , you) on this type of material....i am really impressed with the woodcarving yew did on the big yew

_________________
STAVROS

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
"Knowledge is power" Sir Francis Bacon 1561-1626

stavros

Posts : 634
Joined date : 2011-05-02
Age : 46

http://www.bonsaicyprus.com

Back to top Go down

2 and 3

Post  Savvas P. on Fri May 20, 2011 5:56 pm

[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img][img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]

[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img][img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]

Savvas P.

Posts : 808
Joined date : 2011-05-02
Age : 54

Back to top Go down

Re: And the one becomes six!

Post  Greg on Fri May 20, 2011 7:53 pm

Not so fair for Savva I can say Shocked

Greg
Admin

Posts : 926
Joined date : 2011-04-30

http://bonsaicyprus.forumotions.net

Back to top Go down

Re: And the one becomes six!

Post  will baddeley on Fri May 20, 2011 8:38 pm

That last one is a peach. I would use the fat branch on the left to turn to deadwood. The slight spiral in the bark can be carried through into the deadwood.

will baddeley

Posts : 52
Joined date : 2011-05-10

Back to top Go down

Re: And the one becomes six!

Post  stavros on Sat May 21, 2011 10:13 am

the 2 pieces that i got .....(i did not choose, Savvas & Greg got to choose and i was left with these...and then after 15minutes, Savvas started moaning Smile Smile )

i have put some sphagnum moss around the base of the big tree because there were rootlets which i wanted to protect. Its base is much bigger that what you can actually see and its buried under the substrate.....its the almost same diametre as the pot.......

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]



[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]



Last edited by stavros on Sat May 21, 2011 10:22 am; edited 1 time in total

_________________
STAVROS

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
"Knowledge is power" Sir Francis Bacon 1561-1626

stavros

Posts : 634
Joined date : 2011-05-02
Age : 46

http://www.bonsaicyprus.com

Back to top Go down

ANother tree that was collected that day

Post  stavros on Sat May 21, 2011 10:20 am

This is another olive that was collected that day, not connected to the previous pieces Smile . The deadwood on the right as we see it, is quite old and there were signs of fire on it. Part of the base is buried with substrate because there were fine roots up to that point.


[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]


_________________
STAVROS

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
"Knowledge is power" Sir Francis Bacon 1561-1626

stavros

Posts : 634
Joined date : 2011-05-02
Age : 46

http://www.bonsaicyprus.com

Back to top Go down

Re: And the one becomes six!

Post  will baddeley on Sat May 21, 2011 11:10 am

I'm drooling over this material Stavros. What do you mean "not connected to the previous species" ?

will baddeley

Posts : 52
Joined date : 2011-05-10

Back to top Go down

Re: And the one becomes six!

Post  stavros on Sat May 21, 2011 12:47 pm

will baddeley wrote:I'm drooling over this material Stavros. What do you mean "not connected to the previous species" ?

all the pieces presented in this thread except this last one, came from a single multiple trunked tree that was dug and separated in several trees.

it was collected on the same day

_________________
STAVROS

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
"Knowledge is power" Sir Francis Bacon 1561-1626

stavros

Posts : 634
Joined date : 2011-05-02
Age : 46

http://www.bonsaicyprus.com

Back to top Go down

Re: And the one becomes six!

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum